[SailfishDevel] How to translate (lupdate) ?

Franck Routier (perso) alci at mecadu.org
Thu Jan 2 20:26:54 UTC 2014

Ok, now I have .ts file, I did translate the strings, and produced the
.qm file.

So my next questions are:
1) how do I include the qm file in the rpm ? Should I put it in a
specific directory, or directly in /usr/share/MyApp ?

2) is there something special I need to do in my app to trigger the
magic, or is using qsTr() in the qml files sufficient to to make it
happen ?

3) Is there a way I can test if it is working from within the SDK (I
did not receive my device yet...) ? Should I ssh into the emulator and
play with LC_ALL, or is there another way ?

Thanks in advance,

Franck

Le 02/01/2014 21:02, Andrey Kozhevnikov a écrit :
> for directly use lupdare/lrelease you need to chroot to target
> (inside VM):
>
> sb2 -t SailfishOS-armv7hl -s sdk-install
>
> On 03.01.2014 02:00, Franck Routier (perso) wrote: I finally used
> the lupdate binary found in the Harmattan SDK somewhere on my hard
> disk.
>
> Also, to make it process qml files, I used this trick
> (https://developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/Lupdate_with_qml_files),

which consists in listing the qml files this way in the .pro file: