[SailfishDevel] Best way to access SailfishOS provided icons?

Sven Putze sailfish.os at hardcodes.de
Thu Jan 2 19:27:26 UTC 2014

Hi there,

with the OS comes artwork and to be more specific: there come icons. What is the intended way to reuse those icons in own apps? Yes they are in the filesystem somewhere, I could read them from there. But what if their filename or location changes? This would break my app. I could copy them over to my app. This can [*] be a copyright problem, this would lead to duplicates everywhere.
Is there an API to access those OS specific icons? If no, is there anything planned? Or did I simply miss it in the SailfishOS documentation?

BR.
Sven

[*] Haven't checked that in detail