[SailfishDevel] How to translate (lupdate) ?

Franck Routier (perso) alci at mecadu.org
Thu Jan 2 17:36:23 UTC 2014

Hi,

I would like to translate my QML application, now that it runs fine.
I have used qsTr() for literal strings.

Then I have tried to run 'lupdate' from tools/external/Linguist in the
Sailfish SDK QtCreator, but it does not seem to do anything...

Also, 'find . -name lupdate' in the sdk finds nothing... (it did in
the Harmattan Qt SDK).

How should I translate my application ? Is there a specific trick from
within the SDK, or is this just a missing feature ?

Secondary question: I have images that contain textual information. Is
there a best way (standard API) to pick the right file, or should I
play with suffix in a custom way ?

Thanks in advance,

Franck