[SailfishDevel] how to get qml debug output to file

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Mon Feb 24 05:55:07 UTC 2014

Hi

This may be related:

I haven noticed that using journalctl to view system logs on the
device, QML and C++ debug output is reported differently.

Below is an example extract:

C++ debug is reported with the application name.

QML debug is reported as lipstick

Feb 23 13:39:39 localhost lipstick[971]: about to getPrimaryContact:
area_id: 3, template_id: 1, any: 1
Feb 23 13:39:39 localhost landed26_QT5[27558]: [D]
JSONStorage::openDatabase:20 - Document Path:  "/home/nemo/Documents/"
Feb 23 13:39:39 localhost landed26_QT5[27558]: [D]
JSONStorage::openDatabase:22 - App Name:  "landed26_QT5"
Feb 23 13:39:39 localhost landed26_QT5[27558]: [D]
JSONStorage::openDatabase:24 - "Full path:
/home/nemo/Documents/landed26_QT5/landeddb.json"
Feb 23 13:39:39 localhost lipstick[971]: about to pass DB to JSONPath

Chris