[SailfishDevel] Install sailfish-browser to emulator

Vesa-Matti Hartikainen vesa-matti.hartikainen at jolla.com
Fri Feb 14 12:03:29 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 02/14/2014 11:35 AM, Steph Gosling wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 09:21:03 +0300
> Oleg Linkin <maledictusdemagog at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Is it possible& May be somebody has success story about this?
>> I can't find browser in repos or anywhere in rpm.
>> I try to build it myself but can't due to embedwidge dependency which I
>> can't solve
> When did you try and build it, I noticed that the build instructions
> were added to the repository yesterday:
>
> https://github.com/sailfishos/sailfish-browser/wiki/BuildingInstructions

   With those instructions building .rpm for emulator can be done. And
you can install it, but there is couple of tricks needed, because
browser has dependencies for newer version of Silica and theme than we
have in SDK repositories. You can force install the package with:
  rpm -i *.rpm --nodeps --force

  In addition you need to comment out
  line that starts
  _defaultPageOrientations

  in browser.qml since that property is not yet available in emulator's
Silica.

  After that it should work in sdk emulator.

  And yes, I'll add this to wiki also.

--
Vesa-Matti Hartikainen
Jolla Oy