[SailfishDevel] Python and Qt Widgets development possible?

Dietmar Schwertberger maillist at schwertberger.de
Tue Feb 11 20:15:48 UTC 2014

Am 11.02.2014 20:14, schrieb Marcin M.:
> But they could make the UI usable on mobile phones, as it's done in
> Fremantle. I can send you a screenshot with the app themed and not themed.

I tried my Maemo/Fremantle app without a theme.
As I would like to stay compatible to Maemo and Windows, I would prefer
the QtWidgets solution for some time.

The major problems:
  - When I open a second window, on Maemo I use the stacked windows
attribute. On Sailfish that's not available, so a second window opens.
The second window then is shown on its own in the multitasking view.
This could probably be fixed using QStackedWidgets, though.
  - The menu bar is shown just like in Windows not as pulleye. When you
open the menu, again a full window is opened.

If that could be fixed using a theme, that would really be cool, but I
have my doubts that this is possible.
If I had the same problems on Windows, I would assume that I could get
the (window) handles of the underlying windows/widgets/whatever and do
some win32 calls to fix the problems. Maybe on Sailfish that's possible
as well, but there's no documentation...

Regards,

Dietmar