[SailfishDevel] Preventing deep sleep for a few seconds?

Ove Kåven ovek at arcticnet.no
Sat Feb 1 20:32:31 UTC 2014

If a synchronization starts with the screen off, there's a chance that
the phone enters "deep suspend" during the synchronization. If so, the
other side might time out and the sync will fail.

So I want prevent the CPU from suspending before the synchronization is
complete, which might take a few seconds (and there might not be network
activity all the time while it's running). I've read that to get
periodic wakeups, you could use libiphb or maybe timed, but what's the
recommended way to temporarily prevent suspending completely for a few
seconds?