[SailfishDevel] QGeoSatelliteInfoSource in Sailfish

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Sat Feb 1 09:37:59 UTC 2014

Hi all

A slight correction to my previous post

I think that the high number of Sats in View shown on the Jolla means
that it is showing both GPS and Glonass Satellites, and thus gives a
figure almost double of that I was used to from the Nokia N9 and
classic GPS devices.

Comparing various devices I get the following readings:

Sats in use / Sats in View / Device / Technology

6 / 9 / Nokia N9 / GPS only

5 / 20 / Jolla / GPS and Glonass

15 / 21 / Samusung Galaxy Note 3 / GPS and Glonass

9 / Garmin GPSmap 60CSx / GPS only

So the Sats in View figure of the Jolla is plausible.

Interestingly the Jolla's Sats In Use figure - at least in the tests
on my terrace this morning - is consistently lower than that displayed
by the other devices. I show 15 for the Galaxy above, but have seen
readings of 18 and 19.

Chris

Zitat von christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch: