[SailfishDevel] defining version number only once

Alfonso Martone alfq at bk.ru
Tue Dec 23 16:44:43 UTC 2014

Sorry to ask here, but I wasn't able to get some official guidelines.

1) Version/Release numbers:

- I have to place them both in the /.yaml /file (for RPM build) and in
some /.h/ or /.qml /source (to show it in some "about" dialog): is there
a way to define the Version/Release numbers in a /single/ file of the
project, making them available to C++, QML and RPM-build ?

2) from time to time my software has to write some output file
(collected data) that the user may use in another app:

- is it correct to save in /$HOME/Documents/ ?

Thanks.