[SailfishDevel] Compile boost library for sailfish os

Andrin Bertschi andrin.bertschi at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 20:36:38 UTC 2014

Andrey, Michael,

Thank you for your responses.
I am sorry, my mails about this questions got lost and I just found your responses on google again :^). Unfortunately, there doesn't exist any official documentation about that on https://sailfishos.org/ or a similar site.
I found a very helpful blog article from FlyingSheep about how to to deploy additional packages to either the target runtime (sailfish emulator or jolla) or the mer sdk.

The article is here:
http://flyingsheeponsailfish.blogspot.ch/2013/11/deploying-additional-packages-to.html

There are different ways to achieve to install boost-devel libs. The *-devel archives are the ones that are required by the mer sdk to compile the project using the boost header files.

FlyingSheep explains that very clearly on his blog page. I just sum up how I managed to solve my problem;

The most suitable solution for my case was to just include boost libs in the yaml file of my harbour qt project (e.g. ./rpm/harbour-wlan-keyboard.yaml)

# Build dependencies without a pkgconfig setup can be listed here
# PkgBR:
#   - package-needed-to-build
PkgBR:
 - boost-devel

# Runtime dependencies which are not automatically detected
Requires:
  - boost-build
<<<

The "PkgBR" section is for the mer sdk to build the projects. The "Requires" section is for the target runtime to run the build.

Sincerely, andrin