[SailfishDevel] Announcing "Mono for Sailfish"

Attila Csipa qt at csipa.in.rs
Fri Aug 22 10:05:22 UTC 2014

Hey2,

I've been playing with this myself a bit, but have not gotten too far,
summer weather, travels and all. What Ville is suggesting is exactly
what I'm after - not a full binding set, but just a UI bridge. In API
rich environments like python/.net/etc the "application framework" API
parts of Qt don't mean much (and their existence/quality varies
depending on platform anyway). Mono (and even Xamarin) falls a bit short
on the UI side, and a good QML/QtQuick bridge would help a whole lot.
And before someone gets the wrong idea - this is still not about having
a single QML codebase, but rather having a "common language" for UIs