[SailfishDevel] Virtual keyboard background

Pekka Vuorela pekka.vuorela at jolla.com
Mon Aug 18 13:35:13 UTC 2014

Mon, 2014-08-18 kello 11:30 +0300, Sailfish Developer kirjoitti:
> Hey,
>
> I was wondering am I able to change the background for the virtual
> keyboard? I suppose I need the universal height of it and a way to get
> under it. But what I've tried it seems that the keyboard is pushing
> the area from the application itself smaller when it's activated --
> right?

The window remains fullscreen, but ApplicationWindow resizes its content
to avoid keyboard area. Keyboard area is available from
Qt.inputMethod.keyboardRectangle, but that is updated only once when
animation starts.

While it's possible to anchor things to be shown under the keyboard, at
the moment I think it needs to access internal properties of
ApplicationWindow.