[SailfishDevel] Potential security issue ? DBUS leaking passwords in cleartext

Jonni Rainisto jonni.rainisto at jolla.com
Tue Aug 12 10:33:56 UTC 2014

https://together.jolla.com/question/37710/dbus-monitor-shows-exchange-mail-password-in-clear-text/

________________________________
From: devel-bounces at lists.sailfishos.org [devel-bounces at lists.sailfishos.org] on behalf of Tone Kastlunger [users.giulietta at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2014 1:29 PM
To: devel at lists.sailfishos.org
Subject: [SailfishDevel] Potential security issue ? DBUS leaking passwords in cleartext

Hi all;
it seems some (google?) DBUS sso service is leaking pw's in cleartext.
Please see here :

signal sender=:1.1322 -> dest=(null destination) serial=13 path=/com/google/code/AccountsSSO/SingleSignOn/AuthSession_0; interface=com.google.code.AccountsSSO.SingleSignOn.AuthSession; member=stateChanged
   int32 8
   string "The request is started successfully"
method return sender=:1.1322 -> dest=:1.36 reply_serial=4633
   array [
      dict entry(
         string "Secret"
         variant             string "mypasswordincleartext"
      )
      dict entry(
         string "UserName"
         variant             string "ktone"
      )
   ]

I myself am not worried on the google origin, but rather on the cleartext password.
Giving it was leaking one of my working mail's password, I assume it could be the
Exchangle plugin?
Can jolla please confirm / deny?

Best,
tk