[SailfishDevel] sqlite absolute path

Krisztian Olah fasza2mobile at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 14:20:19 UTC 2014

Hi,
I just noticed that application name is not set and
QCoreApplication::applicationName() returns empty string. Neither
QCoreApplication::setApplicationName(arg) nor
QGuiApplication::setApplicationName(arg) seem to make a difference.
My db file is currently just dumped to /home/nemo/.local/share appending
with "/harbour-myapp/" is not possible, I guess that
QCoreApplication::applicationName needs to be set in order to get the
proper path.

Internet search came up only with one relevant page that just turned into a
rant, but gave me little to no insight.

How do I set applicationName?
https://lists.sailfishos.org/pipermail/devel/2014-February/003258.html
seems to imly that it should happen automatically, so does Qt's
documentation here:
http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/qcoreapplication.html#applicationName-prop

Thanks in advance
Kris