[SailfishDevel] Some problems since 1.038+ update.

Gabriel Böhme m.gabrielboehme at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 25 08:14:43 UTC 2014

Hi sailors,

I have released my app "Freiertag" in the days Jolla started. It worked
pretty well, but now some updates later (since 1.038 and later) I'm
facing a problem, I can't find a solution for.

Starting the app first time works, but on the second try it crashes.
After some inspection it seems the problem is, that the app is don't
quit correctly. I can use the gesture in Emulator or press and click the
X, in both cases it's still running, after a kill via SSH, it can be
started again. The strange thing is, that it worked earlier.

Thats the code from main:

#include  <sailfishapp.h>
#include  "FreiertagCom.hpp"

int  main(int  argc,  char  *argv[])

{

     QGuiApplication  *app  =  SailfishApp::application(argc,  argv);

     QQuickView  *view  =  SailfishApp::createView();

     //create  a  new  ListModel  for  the  results

     FreiListModel  *freiModel  =  new  FreiListModel();

     //create  a  new  instance  of  our  object  that  is  doing  the  most  work

     FreiertagCom  *frei  =  new  FreiertagCom(freiModel);

     view->rootContext()->setContextProperty("frei",  frei);

     view->rootContext()->setContextProperty("freiModel",  freiModel);

     view->setSource(SailfishApp::pathTo("qml/harbour-freiertag.qml"));

     view->showFullScreen();

     return  app->exec();

}

Another thing is, that I've set my cover and QML pages in this way:

import  QtQuick  2.0
import  Sailfish.Silica  1.0

import  "pages"

import  "cover"

ApplicationWindow

{

     id:  mainApplicationWindow

     MainPage  {id:  mainPage}

     StartCover  {id:  startCover}

     ResultPage  {id:  resultPage}

     initialPage:  mainPage

     cover:  startCover

}

I was doing it, to set text and other informations on the cover(s). But
now that seems not to work anymore. So how can I "talk" to a cover, if
I'm setting it via Qt.resolvedUrl for example?

Thank you very much! :)

Gabriel.