[SailfishDevel] Qt Kits broken on Windows?

Juha Kallioinen juha.kallioinen at jolla.com
Wed Apr 23 08:16:46 UTC 2014

On 22.04.2014 16:55, Gabriel Böhme wrote:
> Hi Juha,
>
> first of all - thanks for your fast answer! Secondary: it's not a big
> problem in my case, cause my main system is Linux and there is
> everything working fine. Also creating another user in Windows, may not
> be perfect, but also not too much effort. ;)
>
> But maybe it could help, if you allow to change the deploy path. Or the
> path of the "SailfishAlphaX" folder itself. Because linking to the new
> user solved the problem with the Qt Kits, what means it's building the
> project, only deploy is not working. So the user (or the installer
> checks) could change it to pure C:\ or something else the user wants? Or
> is there something preventing this?

Hi Gabriel,

I just noticed that Qt Creator has a commandline option '-settingspath'
that can be used to tell where it should save/load its settings from.

If you set it to for example "C:\SailfishOS\mysettings" then Qt Creator
will use that as its settings directory. This should avoid the problem
with non-ascii chars. In principle we could use this as a default for
all windows installations, which is something we'll have to consider.

If you want to try this, you should add the -settingspath option to the
SailfishOS IDE shortcut, which you use to launch the IDE.

Fixing the non-ascii chars in the bat files is proving to be a bit more
involved than I had hoped.

Best regards,
  Juha