[SailfishDevel] SailfishOS SDK April update available tomorrow. [update:all installers and repositories are online]

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Fri Apr 18 11:35:18 UTC 2014

Hi Juha and Mikael

For what it is worth, to kill some time while a batch of beer is
brewing, I installed Kubuntu 14.04 in a VM, and then the April SDK.

In my case the Emulator does work in Kubuntu 14.04 - though it does
take inordinately long to do so (maybe down to the multiple layers of
VMs.

The mother host is an Mac Pro 2008 running Mavericks and Professional
Version 6.0.3 (1747349).

In that I did I fresh install of Kubuntu 14_04 64 bit.

Into this I installed VirtualBox 4.3.10 for Linux (package for Ubuntu
13.04 ("Raring Ringtail") / 13.10 ("Saucy Salamander") AMD), and the
April SailfishOS SDK.

Having installed everything, the Emulator starts, and I eventually get
a GUI, and am able to deploy a demo "Hello Sailors" app.

Cheers

Chris