[SailfishDevel] SailfishOS SDK April update available tomorrow. [update:all installers and repositories are online]

Juha Kallioinen juha.kallioinen at jolla.com
Fri Apr 18 11:17:14 UTC 2014

On 18.04.2014 03:09, Juha Kallioinen wrote:
> Hi, I installed ubuntu 14.04 (not KDE) to my Mac vmware Fusion and the
> SDK into that - I'm seeing the same problem here now.
>
> What's your host machine and how do you run the SDK in it? I'm just
> trying to collect more info to figure out what's common in our systems.
>
> If I set all the environment variables correctly (from
> /var/lib/eviconment/compositor/*.conf) and run lipstick from nemo's
> console it crashes to a SIGILL in the end.

Seems that this is caused by unsupported CPU capability (AVX) leaking
into VirtualBox in some machines. At least that's my case. The
mesa-llvmpipe  packages need patching and that's in the pipeline now. I
hope we can get a new patched Emulator out there some time next week
already, but since today and Monday are public holidays in Finland,
there can be delays.

Mikael, I would be interested to hear the specs of your machine where
you have this problem. And do you happen to run the SDK in another
virtual machine by any chance?

Best regards,
  Juha