[SailfishDevel] Warning: File `Makefile' has modification time 0.51 s in the future

Chris Walker cdw_nokiaqt at the-walker-household.co.uk
Tue Apr 15 11:41:32 UTC 2014

On Mon, 14 Apr 2014 15:22:39 +0100
David Greaves <david.greaves at jolla.com> wrote:

> On 14/04/14 14:49, Chris Walker wrote:
> > On Mon, 14 Apr 2014 14:26:58 +0100
> > Chris Walker <cdw_nokiaqt at the-walker-household.co.uk> wrote:

> > I installed the ntp client and it now picks up network time. I'm
> > assuming therefore that there is some time 'slip' between the host
> > machine and VBox.
>
> This works but is suboptimal.

Perhaps I need to clarify this. I installed the ntpclient on the host,
and hence why I specified my machine architecture.

> Make sure
>   /usr/bin/VBoxService -f
> is running in the guest; it manages time sync.

It appears to be as it produces several lines of output when I run the
above command. Should I be concerned about this?
Service 'memballoon' was disabled because of missing functionality

> Also https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch09.html
>
> Finally check your host is running the correct services and has all
> the right modules built.

I think you'd need to specify which are the correct services and also
all the correct modules, and yes I *did* read the above chapter in the
manual. I can confirm that Guest Additions is installed and working for
a couple of Windows virtual machines but I haven't installed it on the
Mer box. Am I meant to?

If it's a stock install though, why would I need to reconfigure
anything? It all worked before and all I've done is re-install the SDK
and load up the existing .pro file from my project.