[SailfishDevel] Agenda: A kickoff meeting about SailfishOS, open source, collaboration, way forward @ tomorrow, Tuesday 15 April, 15:00 UTC

Carsten Munk carsten.munk at jolla.com
Mon Apr 14 14:27:59 UTC 2014

Hi,

There has been a lot of discussion surrounding SailfishOS, the open
source parts of it (incl. middleware within Mer and Nemo Mobile project)
and collaboration methods/practices -- and that we can do better than
how things are today.

We all meet in #mer-meeting on irc.freenode.net tomorrow, Tuesday 15th
April 2014, at 15:00 UTC for 1 1/2 hours at least and get a proper
constructive conversation going on and end with action points for us all.

The focus point is about the SailfishOS stack's current open source
components and how we can improve the experience of contributing,
communicating regarding and participating in them as well as encouraging
this.

The state today of that isn't as good as it can be and it can be a very
confusing experience to try to contribute to SailfishOS on a code level.
This is something we can make better together.

The agenda is the following:

1. Introductions of participants in meeting [something about you and why
you're here] - 10 min

2. When's next meeting: Regular meetings every two weeks around the
project? - 5 min

3. How to make contributing to Nemo/Mer/SailfishOS easier [big topic] -
  1 min introduction
3.1: Current problems and situation, potential solutions [30 min open
floor discussion, divided into 20 minute discussion, 10 minute solution
proposals]

3.2: Solution proposal: Minimal/practical openness requirements and
process for open source components in Mer/Nemo/SailfishOS [5 min intro +
  15 min discussion] - such as dedicated/listed maintainers/owners, etc.
[suggested intro holder: w00t/Robin Burchell?]

3.3 Action proposal: Participation and contribution policy for Jolla's
open source contributors in open source projects [5 min intro, 15 min
discussion]  (Carol?)

3.4 Wrap-up and finalize action points

With best regards,
Carsten Munk