[SailfishDevel] Changelog in rpm

Juha Kallioinen juha.kallioinen at jolla.com
Mon Apr 14 09:07:50 UTC 2014

On 10.04.2014 10:50, kim at foder.dk wrote:
> Hi
>
> Do you know how I can add a changelog file to the RPM package from the creator (like we did in the Harmattan SDK), and how it should be formatted ?

Hi,

inspired by your question I implemented changelog support, that will be
released with our upcoming SDK update.

It will work as follows:

Add a projectname.changes file to your project's rpm subdirectory and
the contents of that file will be added as a %changelog section to your
RPM file. The format is as follows:

* date Author's Name <author's email> version-release
- Summary of changes

For example:

* Sun Apr 13 2014 Jack Tar <jack.tar at example.com> 0.0.1-1
- Scrubbed the deck
- Hoisted the sails

Keep most recent entries on top of the list and separate entries by a
blank line.

An example will be included in the latest Sailfish template project.

Best regards,
  Juha