[SailfishDevel] Where is the source code for the Sailfish OS version of fingerterm (and other GPL applications)

mehdi at tickmeet.com mehdi at tickmeet.com
Sat Apr 12 13:31:50 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'd like to make a few tweaks to fingerterm for my Jolla. So I went to get the source code but can't seem to find it anywhere.

I've found the Nemo mobile project version (https://github.com/nemomobile/fingerterm). But that uses Meego Harmattan UI components and not Sailfish OS' Silica UI components. Unless I'm missing something it can't run as-is on Sailfish OS and it must have been customised by Jolla. It's under the GPLv2 license so any customisation of the code must have been made available for all to use by Jolla.

The big question is: where is it?

I could of course port it myself to Sailfish and that's what I'm now doing as a learning exercice. But I would much prefer being able to start with the version that's actually on my device so that I can easily integrate upstream changes in my fork as and when Jolla updates the app.

And more generally:  where is the code for all the Sailfish OS ports of GPL applications that are being used on Jolla? I'm guessing that fingerterm isn't the only piece of GPL code that Jolla ported to Sailfish OS. But the only open source repo I've found so far coming from Jolla is the Sailfish OS browser.

Any pointer would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Mehdi

--
Sent from my Jolla