[SailfishDevel] pulseaudio-policy-enforcement DBus interface?

Victor Mataré matare at lih.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Apr 8 23:26:28 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of any kind of documentation on the DBus interface used by
the pulseaudio-policy-enforcement module?

I'm developing an app that allows the user to reroute pulseaudio streams and
set the default sink, but the default sink is always overridden by pulseaudio-
policy-enforcement. Now I could just instruct users to edit
/etc/pulse/xpolicy.conf, but that would be persistent and not the way to go.

>From looking at dbusif.c, I can tell that it should be possible to reconfigure
pulseaudio-policy-enforcement at runtime with DBus messages. But guessing the
right way to use the DBus interface just from looking at the code is a bit
tedious. This module seems to be widely used, by maemo, meego, nemo and
possibly others, but I can't find any proper documentation.

Thanks for any hints,
Victor