[SailfishDevel] Sending SMS Messages from Sailfish Alpha 2: Telepathy Mission Control not starting

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Fri Sep 27 10:08:15 UTC 2013

Hi John

I am back to experimenting with Telepathy to send SMSes from Sailfish.

Unfortunately I have the old ChannelDispatcher warning again (even
though I have not changed anything):

"org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown" : "The name
org.freedesktop.Telepathy.ChannelDispatcher was not provided by any
.service files"

 From your previous mail, it sounds like mission control is not running.

"zypper se telepathy-mission-control" shows that it is installed. but
"top" does not list any such process.

So what should start mission control / how do I start it on the
Sailfish Emulator?

Thanks

Chris