[SailfishDevel] API for requesting ambiance change

Artem Marchenko artem.marchenko at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 20:58:38 UTC 2013

Hi All

API for requesting an ambiance change definitely exists as in the device
demo people, well, change ambiance after setting wallpaper.

Does anybody have an idea on how to do it? Could it be some DBus message I
could hack into?

I'd like to set wallpaper from my app, figured out how to set wallpaper,
now I'd like to recalculate ambiance.

Cheers,
Artem.

P.S.
I've posted similar question to this list before, but now I am one step
further as I figured how to set wallpaper - via GConf as Sfiet_Konstantin
is doing at
https://github.com/sailfishapps/ambiancechanger/blob/master/helper/main.cpp

P.P.S.
It would also be cool to ask system to recalculate the secondary "faded"
wallpaper picture (one shown as the app background), but that will be the
following step, for now I am just setting it to the non-faded version.

--
Artem Marchenko
http://agilesoftwaredevelopment.com