[SailfishDevel] How to get GPS Location in QML

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Tue Oct 29 14:28:11 UTC 2013

Hi Bolek

First of all you need to make sure that Positioning is correctly
installed to the Emulator, to the SDK, and QtCreator is synched with
the installation on the SDK.

I have done this via the RPM yaml file. I am not sure that mine is
entirely correct (as you will see from other posts I am working on
properly understanding the yaml file config, but for what it is worth,
mine is pasted at the bottom of this post.

Note 1: for the yaml to take effect you need to "Deploy as RPM Package".
Note 2: in order for QT Creator to be aware of the new Positioning
package and show PositionSource et al. in purple, you need to sync the
SDK Control Center. Under Manage Target: SailfishOS-i486-x8 press the
"sync" button. This should give you a new folder
/$HOME/SailfishOSmersdk/targets/SailfishOS-i486-x86/usr/lib/qt5/qml/QtPositioning with a plugins.qmltypes and qmldir
file

You can verify what the yaml / specify is installing via the "Compile
Output" in Qt Creator, via the SDK Control Center in Qt Creator; and
on the Emulator with "zypper se position" via ssh

mfg

Chris

//yaml file for app PositionSourceTest

Name: PositionSourceTest
   Short description of my SailfishOS Application
Configure: none
Builder: qtc5
PkgConfigBR:
- Qt5Core
- Qt5Qml
- Qt5Quick
- sailfishapp
- Qt5Positioning
Requires:
- sailfishsilica-qt5
- qt5-qtdeclarative-import-location
- qt5-qtdeclarative-import-positioning
Files:
- /usr/share/icons/hicolor/90x90/apps
- /usr/share/applications
- /usr/share/PositionSourceTest
- /usr/bin
- '%{_datadir}/icons/hicolor/90x90/apps/%{name}.png'
- '%{_datadir}/applications/%{name}.desktop'
- '%{_datadir}/%{name}/qml'
- '%{_bindir}'
PkgBR: [qt5-qtdeclarative-import-positioning, qt5-qtpositioning-devel,
qt5-qtlocation-devel]