[SailfishDevel] How to get GPS Location in QML

tw_bolek tw_bolek at op.pl
Mon Oct 28 05:41:33 UTC 2013

Hello list,

I am porting my Harmattan QML applications to Sailfish OS.  I simply need to get GPS Location.  In Qt4.8 / QtQuick1.1 it only took importing QtMobility.location and then using PositionSource.

In the latest SailfishOS SDK I tried importing QtLocation 5.0 but it is not found.  PositionSource is an unknown element.

So.... how do I do in Sailfish OS (in QML only) as simple thing as getting location coordinates from GPS?

I'll be very grateful if you could guide me, in a simple and straightforward way....  Thank you!

Bolek