[SailfishDevel] SailfishOS SDK update available today: Changes to SSH security?

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Fri Oct 25 15:02:57 UTC 2013

Hi Jarko

Thanks for your answer.

I was trying to connect with my "old" keys:

ssh -p 2222  -i ~/.ssh/mer-qt-creator-rsa  nemo at localhost

ssh -p 2223  -i ~/.ssh/mer-qt-creator-rsa  nemo at localhost

That way I was able to connect to the emulator with user nemo, after
also entering the password (nemo).

I guess the reason I was asked for a password was that I had the local
half of the key, but the "other half" was not on the SDK / Emulator
(essentially I was using the wrong key pair).

However following your advice, I can now connect passwordless to both
the SDK (users mersdk and root) and the Emulator (users nemo and root)
with the ssh commands below.

ssh -p 2222 -i
~/<SailfishOSInstallLocation>/vmshare/ssh/private_keys/engine/mersdk
mersdk at localhost

ssh -p 2222 -i
~/<SailfishOSInstallLocation>/vmshare/ssh/private_keys/engine/root
root at localhost

ssh -p 2223 -i
~/<SailfishOSInstallLocation>/vmshare/ssh/private_keys/1/nemo
nemo at localhost

ssh -p 2223 -i
~/<SailfishOSInstallLocation>/vmshare/ssh/private_keys/1/root
root at localhost

Perhaps the wiki should be updated?

Chris