[SailfishDevel] SSH after update : IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY! Error

Thomas Perl th.perl at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 09:22:05 UTC 2013

On Oct 25, 2013, at 10:44 AM, Jarko Vihriala <jarko.vihriala at jolla.com> wrote:
> The 'workaround' is to put the known hosts point to /dev/null so you don't get those warnings anymore but that renders rest of your ssh setup to kind of unsafe state so I would not recommend doing it.

You can do the known hosts configuration per-host, so something like this in ~/.ssh/config usually works well (the important parts are the two last lines - the first one turns off strict host key checking - so you don't get asked all the time - and the second one makes sure no host keys are saved - for that specific host only):

Host sailfishemu
    HostName localhost
    User nemo
    Port 2223
    StrictHostKeyChecking no
    UserKnownHostsFile /dev/null

After that (assuming ports and ssh key are correctly set up), "ssh sailfishemu" should get you to the emulator.

HTH :)
thp