[SailfishDevel] Installing QtSystemInfo QML module (or any other module from public repo) Re: How do you get phone IMEI, IMSI and other hardware info?

Artem Marchenko artem.marchenko at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 21:28:23 UTC 2013

Hi Mikael and all

If I modify something just in my Sailfish OS target, will

Jonni on IRC already advised adding to spec file (same as adding to yaml?):

BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(Qt5SystemInfo)

That somehow pulls the needed headers and I can use system info classes in
C++.
Now trying to figure how to install the qml plugin.

Requires:   qt5-qtdeclarative-systeminfo

That seems to be not good enough. Any advice?

Cheers,
Artem.

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 8:05 PM, Mikael Hermansson <mike at 7b4.se> wrote:

> its there but you have to install it manualy
>
> click sailfishos icon targets => manage and search in  for qtsystem and
> install qt5-systems
>

> On Thursday 17 October 2013 19.48.08 Artem Marchenko wrote:
> > Hi All
> >
> > I need to get some sort of id for identifying user in stats.
> >
> > I used to use QtMobility for fetching IMEI/IMSI, but it doesn't exist
> > anymore :/
> > It looks like https://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qtsystems is supposed to
> provide
> > same info, but it's not in the Sailfish SDK and even on qt-project.orgit
> > isn't discussed at all.
> >
> > How do you get IMEI (or any other id) in Sailfish OS or on Jolla device
> at
> > least? Maybe some cool DBus call could provide it?
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Artem.

Artem Marchenko
http://agilesoftwaredevelopment.com