[SailfishDevel] Sailfish User Interface: Tabs

Mikael Hermansson mike at 7b4.se
Sat Oct 12 15:51:17 UTC 2013

IMHO:

* Opera on N9 does not use tabs
* N9 own browser does not use tabs.

I do not see any problem with that.  I definitivly prefer PulleyMenus or
gridview/swipe instead of I "to many buttons or tabs"

Think  different. Think new...

And trying to make good UI that "works on all platforms" is just wrong way of
thinking IMHO. Its better split UI part from the logic and share as much as
possible between the platforms but still use "native ui" for the platform
used.

Different screen sizes, different core UI make it many time look really
ugly/horrible if not using the functionality of platform UI. It also makes
endusers confused if the app behaves different from the core.

Regards

Mikael