[SailfishDevel] Sailfish User Interface: Tabs

Lucien XU sfietkonstantin at free.fr
Fri Oct 11 07:18:07 UTC 2013

Hi Christopher !

It is a design decision not to have tabs in Sailfish. Depending on the role of your tabs,
you can use a pulley or attached page.

If you have an important page (like a main page) + several less important pages
(help, settings), better use a pulley-menu[1] to access these pages.

If you have several pages that have the same importance (different tabs representing
eg weather in different countries or cities) you can add a tab selector in an attached
page, and display the correct page when clicking on the tab in the attached page[2].

Cheers,
Lucien

[1]: https://sailfishos.org/sailfish-silica/qml-sailfishsilica-pulldownmenu.html
[2]: https://sailfishos.org/sailfish-silica/qml-sailfishsilica-pagestack.html#pushAttached-method