[SailfishDevel] Replacing Linux with OpenBSD

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 17:26:18 UTC 2013

It would be quite a lot of work, I believe...

For one, sailfish is based on mer, which uses systemd, which is linux specific.

Then, the currently available (well, it will be available shortly!)
hardware needs Android drivers.

I have not been using BSD in a while... what are its advantages? In
embedded projects, Linux starts to be quite entrenched... :)

Luciano

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 5:18 PM,  <opendaddy at hushmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What would be the ups and downs of replacing Linux with something like OpenBSD in Sailfish?
>
> They say "perfection is achieved, not when there's nothing left to add, but when there's nothing left to take away". It seems no other OS in the world today embodies this as well as OpenBSD does.
>
> Thanks.
>
> O.D.

Luciano Montanaro

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on
no account be allowed to do the job. -- Douglas Adams