[SailfishDevel] Third party modules / header files

Sven Putze sailfish.os at hardcodes.de
Tue Nov 26 16:15:57 UTC 2013

>> If my understanding of the official documentation is right, then the home folder of my development machine (where QtCreator runs) is shared with the VM. This way the compiler can access the source.
>> But I want the other way around. Re-using header files already there on the SDK machine (the headless one). Is there a drive mapped into my home folder? And if yes, where?
>
> Exactly how the build machine works is not my area of expertise, but I think it works the other way around: The header files are installed to your homedrive, and accessed from there by the SDK Build Engine:
>
> If I search my host for files called .h, then I find large numbers in the folder below (or its subfolders)
>
> /Users/christopherlamb/SailfishOSAlpha5/mersdk/targets/SailfishOS-i486-x86/usr/include/

Thank you for giving the right hint.

If you open VirtualBox, choose the machine named "MerSDK" and enter the "settings" then you can see the tab named "Shared Folders". The one named "target" is the interesting one. It is indeed as you said: this folder contains the complete SDK for each platform. SailfishOS-i486-x86 for using the emulator. SailfishOS-armv7hl for the physical device later on. And this matches exact the two targets that can be managed in the "SDK Control Center".
I've tried it with a clean install, added a package for one target and voilá the target folder has become new children :-) Header files I found you!

BR.
Sven