[SailfishDevel] Dynamically populate a ContextMenu: use of _underscore properties

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Sun Nov 24 13:22:19 UTC 2013

Hi Andrey

If the _underscore is, as we suspect an indication of "internal only",
the next question is what is internal?

Internal could mean to the component itself.

However it could mean "internal to Silica". Under this definition a
call from Combobox to ContextMenu could be regarded as internal. Given
that there will be a degree of coupling between components in the same
library this is not unreasonable.

Either way, your and my code are clearly external. That implies that
if we call anything "internal" / undocumented we do so at our own risk.

I am sure that all the Jolla guys are ultra busy right now (boxing
phones?), but it would be great to have an official take some time ..

Chris