[SailfishDevel] Dynamically populate a ContextMenu

Tigre-Bleu devel at tigre-bleu.net
Sat Nov 23 13:47:08 UTC 2013

Hi,

I try to dynamically populate a ContextMenu but either I ran into a bug in the Silica Component or there is something I'm doing wrong.

Here is an example of simplified code showing the problem:

        ComboBox {
            width: parent.width
            label: "Menu"

            menu: ContextMenu {
                id: menu
                MenuItem { text: "Static 1" }
                MenuItem { text: "Static 2" }
            }

            Component {
                id: menuItemComp
                MenuItem {}
            }

            Component.onCompleted: {
                console.debug("Populating menu")
                for (var i=0; i< 4 ; i++){
                    var newMenuItem = menuItemComp.createObject(menu, {"text" : "Dynamic" + i})
                }
            }
        }

And in attachment is the result in the emulator.

We see that Static entries are correctly displayed, but dynamic ones are all superposed.

What is wrong?

Thanks,

Antoine