[SailfishDevel] Feedback / Haptics on Jolla Device

Chris Adams chris.adams at jolla.com
Fri Nov 22 05:52:50 UTC 2013

Hi,

Just a quick note on that: not many theme effects are currently supported, and file effects are not supported.  For best results, use a custom haptic effect, with manually tuned intensity and envelope values.  You NEED to test on a real device, as haptics are something which feel completely different on different devices even with the same intensity etc values, just depending on the type of vibra motor which is in the device, and any specifics of it (eg, the mass of the ERM, etc).

The backend is https://github.com/nemomobile/qt-mobility-haptics-ffmemless just fyi.

Cheers,
Chris.