[SailfishDevel] Full Emulator and/or APIs

Robin Burchell robin+meego at viroteck.net
Wed Nov 20 14:26:50 UTC 2013

Hi,

I can’t cover the SDK part of this because I’m not intimately familiar
with the SDK releasing process/plans, but some comments on APIs:

We cannot provide full store support on every single aspect of the
device from day one. It would be nice if we could, but we haven’t had
the time to do the full “vetting” to make sure that everything is high
quality and future-proof for store applications. So we are going to be
limiting APIs that store applications can use. These limits will
expand (hopefully quickly) over time (with feedback & help from you
guys), but initially, the list is quite small.

More information on this will be coming soon, I hope. I know this is a
bit frustrating to hear, but it’d be even more frustrating if we
didn’t apply any such limits and then broke all your applications on
the first update, right? :) - rest assured, we know it’s frustrating
and are busy nailing down the loose ends so we can give you a clear
picture very soon.

On to your specific examples:
For call, the supported “API” will be tel: URIs. For messaging, we
will likewise support the sms: URI.

BR,
Robin