[SailfishDevel] (QtLocation 5.0) Coordinate is not a type

tw_bolek tw_bolek at op.pl
Wed Nov 20 08:31:13 UTC 2013

Hi Aaron,

> The Qt Location and Qt Positioning packages are reported
> as version 5.1.0 but they include something very close
> to what will be in 5.2 upstream. There was no Qt Positioning
> library prior to Qt 5.2.

I have all the packages you listed installed (5.1.0 versions). I can successfully import QtPositioning 5.0, I can use any other element of it (e.g. PositionSource) and I can build and run code with those other elements without any problems, so this confirms that QtPositioning is installed and imported correctly.

The *ONLY* thing that doesn't work is that damned Coordinate element - not recognized by QtCreator and throwing an error message "Coordinate is not a type" at run time.

I've checked \mersdk\targets\SailfishOS-i486-x86\usr\lib\qt5\qml\QtPositioning\plugins.qmltypes (and in the ARM target as well) and every other QtPositioning element is listed there *EXCEPT FOR* Coordinate.

So it looks that the Coordinate type simply isn't available in the package currently used in the Sailfish OS SDK....

Michal

P.S. I am very sorry, it looks that my email client doesn't properly follow threads and sends each message as a new thread..... I will try some other client today.