[SailfishDevel] Problems with the emulator (I think)

Juha Kallioinen juha.kallioinen at jolla.com
Sun Nov 17 22:17:07 UTC 2013

Hi Lauri,

you don't mention which SDK installer you have used. That would be vital
information in troubleshooting this and any future problems :-)

None of the problems below seem to concern the SDK emulator. I believe
these are build time problems?

On 16.11.2013 12:42, Lavanti Lauri wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> First time on this list, so sorry if this is an old problem but:
>
> When I created my new project on SailfishOS IDE the main.cpp file
> complains that:
>
> #include <sailfishapp.h>
> "No such file or directory"

The sailfishapp.h is part of the libsailfishapp-devel package, which is
preinstalled in the latest "1310" installer targets released last month.
If you have an older SDK, then this package might not yet be available.

If you are using the latest SDK, then with this information at hand, I
cannot fathom why it would not be found.

When you say "When I created my new project", how did you create it?

> And whenever I try to add a package to my sdk it says the following
> (as an example):
>
> Operation Progress
>
> ---------------------------------------- finished: installing package
> jolla-sailfish-core - exited with status 0

> Reading installed packages...
>
> 'jolla-sailfish-core' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
>
> No provider of 'jolla-sailfish-core' found.
>
> Synchronising target to host
>
> cannot delete non-empty directory: usr/bin
>
> Sync completed

This looks perfectly fine, although unnecessarily cryptic.

There is in fact no package called "jolla-sailfish-core". The
jolla-sailfish-core is a pattern, not a package. A pattern is metadata
describing a collection of packages. Unfortunately the web management
view does not understand that and shows it as a normal package and tries
to install it as a normal package.

What's happening in the background is that the web management calls
zypper install for the "package", but since there's no such package, it
does nothing and unnecessarily syncs the results between the target and
the host.

If you try to add some real package, then it should report something
different.

Best regards,

  Juha