[SailfishDevel] Status of Sailfish SMS?

Jonni Rainisto jonni.rainisto at jolla.com
Wed Nov 13 18:30:07 UTC 2013

Afaik, if you try to send sms, it opens default messaging application where you can enter the sms. And same for outgoing phonecalls, opens phone application where you can make a call.

Reasoning behind it is that as those call create a phone bill to end user, then applications are not allowed to secretly bypass default applications. But dont take my word on it, its just AFAIK on store QA process.

But ofcourse if you enable developer mode you can do what ever you want. I'm not familiar with that side of middleware, so someone else can comment more.

re, Jonni