[SailfishDevel] Ignoring auto signed SSL certificates

Gianni Vialetto gianni at rootcube.net
Sat Nov 9 11:25:54 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 7:26 PM, Tigre-Bleu <devel at tigre-bleu.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The open() function of XMLHttpRequest seems to not work with auto signed
> ssl certificates. I have checked with valid certificates and there is no
> problem.
>
> Is this the expected behavior? If so how am I supposed to fetch some data
> from an auto signed https page using QML?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Antoine

Hi Antoine,

I cannot confirm it without diving into the implementation, but i believe
the behavior of XHR you are seeing is reasonable from a security point of
view - the alternative could be to prompt the user for confirmation.
As an alternative you could construct the connection with QNetwork classes
from the C++ side (the QSslConfiguration class should have a method to add
a new CA to the list of those accepted).

Regards,
--
Gianni Vialetto