[SailfishDevel] Jolla Harbour and Jolla Store

Martin Kolman martin.kolman at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 00:21:43 UTC 2013

8.11.2013 23:40, Attila Csipa:
> On 08-Nov-13 13:48, Michal Jerz wrote:
>> So it is actually a matter of *ALTERNATIVE COST*. Make it sufficiently
>> cumbersome (and possibly also risky) and at least SOME people will find
>> paying $1 simply EASIER and QUICKER than bothering with not so easily
>> installable and potentially risky stuff.  Or opt for lack of any
>> protection
>
> How about we try to figure out how to make the legal way Easy and
> Painless, rather than trying to figure out how to make software
> installation/usage (even) more complex and difficult?
+1

Personally I don't care about any copy protection stuff - all my apps
are free & open source so I rather want people to copy them as much as
possible. :)

On the other hand I guess I would start to care if the copy protection
functionality (if implemented in the end) limited OS/device
functionality, leaked sensitive information, etc.