[SailfishDevel] QtWebKit crash

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 22:24:11 UTC 2013

Hi Everybody,
I finally managed to build my application, my problems were probably
due to the Virtual machines being out of sync with QtCreator.

Now I have an application that is still quite rough around the edges,
but it runs, and displays the first SilicaUI components.

However, I have found another stumbling block, in QtWebKit:

I am using a QWebPage to access the DOM of a web page to scrape the
information I need to display, but as soon as the QWebPage variable is
created, I get a segmentation violation.

My code is as follows:

    QWebPage page;
    page.mainFrame()->setContent(htmlReply, "text/html", baseUrl);
    QWebElement doc = page.mainFrame()->documentElement();

I tried putting a breakpoint at the "QWebPage page;" line, and I get a
sigsegv as soon as the constructor is called. The problem is I don't
even get a proper stack trace, to make sense of what is going on... Is
there some debug package I can install on the target (or the SDK?) to
make some progress?

By the way... I need to catch up with this WAyland stuff, but my
understanding was that it supersedes X11. However, I still see libX11
and most of the X libraries linked with my application, is this
normal?

Thank you in advance,
Luciano
--
Luciano Montanaro

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on
no account be allowed to do the job. -- Douglas Adams