[SailfishDevel] Installing packages to the SDK and Emulator via the rpm/yaml file

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 22:05:30 UTC 2013

Thank you very much,

that is a good introduction to packaging, and it covers all the
stumbling blocks I have encountered with regards to packaging/
deploying/building.
One thing that I have discovered is that my QtCreator cannot connect
to the emulator if there network interface has no address: Since I
often try to build when traveling/on a train, that was a problem. The
workaround I discovered is to assign a network address to a network
device like: ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.1. Then building works as
expected.

The rest I think is covered... But I still get bitten from time to
time by QtCreator "updating" my yaml file on its own, which requires
cleaning it up.

I have a new problem now, but it is not related to building, and I
will post it separately.

Luciano

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 5:19 PM,  <christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> As the topic of installing the to the SDK and Emulator is one which has
> raised many questions in the is mailing list, I have collected the wisdom
> from replies to this and similar threads, and have created a guide to
> installing on my Sailfish blog.
>
> The post can be found here:
>
> http://flyingsheeponsailfish.blogspot.com/2013/11/deploying-additional-packages-to.html
>
> Comments, corrections, and suggestions for improvement are welcome via this
> mailing list.
>
> mfg
>

> Chris

Luciano Montanaro

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on
no account be allowed to do the job. -- Douglas Adams