[SailfishDevel] default SailfishOS Qt Quick Application: view.data() function?

Wim de Vries wsvries at xs4all.nl
Sun May 12 13:25:06 UTC 2013

Hi,
I have taken a "SailfishOS Qt Quick Application" as project.
I am testing C++<>QML interaction. Works OK until now.

But there is sth. unclear to me:
in main.cpp:

QScopedPointer<QDeclarativeView> view(Sailfish::createView("main.qml"));
Sailfish::showView(view.data());

view is a pointer to QDeclarativeView object:
void Sailfish::showView(QDeclarativeView* view) {
My question is: where is the data() function defined.
It is not an (inherited) member of QDeclarativeView and is not defined
in the project.
And why ".data()". Should be "->data()".

Still, it works, so I must be overlooking sth.

Thanks.