[SailfishDevel] Sailfish OS Emulator and Windows 8

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Sat May 4 20:05:48 UTC 2013

Hi Michal

I am happy to hear that you have found a solution that mostly works.

Pure speculation here, but I wonder if we are dealing with some kind
of timeout?

Is there any difference between your first and second drive (HDD vs
SSD, Filesystem?). I see your D: is NTFS.

I guess that the VBox.log you attached was from a stuck session.

I see that your VM seems to go through quite a few states in a short time:

00:00:03.242833 Changing the VM state from 'CREATING' to 'CREATED'.
00:00:03.244292 Changing the VM state from 'CREATED' to 'LOADING'.
00:00:03.776120 Changing the VM state from 'LOADING' to 'SUSPENDED'.
00:00:03.776245 Changing the VM state from 'SUSPENDED' to 'RESUMING'.
00:00:03.776365 Changing the VM state from 'RESUMING' to 'RUNNING'.
00:00:06.960234 Changing the VM state from 'RUNNING' to 'SUSPENDING'.
00:00:07.085259 Changing the VM state from 'SUSPENDING' to 'SUSPENDED'.
00:13:00.108306 Changing the VM state from 'SUSPENDED' to 'POWERING_OFF'.
00:13:00.109135 Changing the VM state from 'POWERING_OFF' to 'OFF'.
00:13:00.113646 Changing the VM state from 'OFF' to 'DESTROYING'.
00:13:00.217581 Changing the VM state from 'DESTROYING' to 'TERMINATED'.

By comparison, mine (after running for a similar short time) has only
00:00:01.217354 Changing the VM state from 'CREATING' to 'CREATED'.
00:00:01.218570 Changing the VM state from 'CREATED' to 'POWERING_ON'.
00:00:01.220252 Changing the VM state from 'POWERING_ON' to 'RUNNING'.

Chris