[SailfishDevel] Multiplatform apps on Sailfish, a.k.a. scoping and ifdeffing

Attila Csipa qt at csipa.in.rs
Tue Mar 19 09:34:36 UTC 2013

On 14-Mar-13 11:06, Attila Csipa wrote:
>>> scenario, I would expect at least something along the lines of what
>>> Harmattan
>>> had (see
>>> http://wiki.meego.com/Porting_Fremantle_Applications_to_Harmattan#Harmattan_scope
>>> ).
>> Yes. What would you like?
>
> A way for conditionals in qmake (mostly for packaging), and #ifdef. I
> have no particular emotional attachments of how to call these constants
> (also depends on how Sailfish sees itself in terms of future versioning,
> licensing, subsequent releases, etc), but the mechanism used in
> Harmattan is good enough for me - have a .prf that qmake can pull in
> (it's linux enough that I would refrain from OS-style platform scoping)
> and a qplatformdefs.h for the C++ side.

The cheap, ugly, and completely you-should-not-be-doing-this-at-home way
I'm using currently, if any misguided individuals are interested:

load(sailfishsilicabackground)
contains(LIBS,-lsailfishsilicabackground): {
     message(SailfishOS build)

     DEFINES += MER_EDITION_SAILFISH
     MER_EDITION = sailfish

     # QML files and folders
     qml.files = *.qml pages cover main.qml

     # The .desktop file
     desktop.files = qtinfo_sailfish.desktop

     # Please do not modify the following line.
     include(../sailfishapplication/sailfishapplication.pri)

     OTHER_FILES = qtinfo.yaml
}

If you provide a way of doing this on a system level, I'm happy to
retire hacks like this :)

Best regards,
Attila