[SailfishDevel] QML Debugging

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Sun Jun 23 14:12:50 UTC 2013

Hi All

I have just tried to debug a QML project for the first time in the Qt
Creator delivered with the Sailfish Alpha SDK.

However when I start the debugging I get this error:

Reading debug information failed:
"/Users/christopherlamb/SailfishProjects/TooTallDemo/TooTallDemo/TooTallDemo":
not in executable format: File format not recognized

I get this error for both a QML project created for Sailfish, and for
one that was originally a Harmattan project.

The QML Debugging flags are ticked on the project build and run sections.

My development host is OSX.

After the error above, I cannot start the app normally: I get:
:-1: error: Upload of file
'/Users/christopherlamb/SailfishProjects/TooTallDemo/TooTallDemo/TooTallDemo'
failed. The server said: 'Failure'. If '/opt/sdk/bin/TooTallDemo' is
currently running on the remote host, you might need to stop it first.

top via ssh shows there is indeed a TooTallDemo process running, but
neither kill nor top k can get rid of it. I have to restart the
emulator.

Chris