[SailfishDevel] Please allow to create projects outside of home directory

Winfried Dobbe winfried.koeun at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 21:56:08 UTC 2013

Hi,

I installed the Sailfish SDK on the data disk of my Mac. I also created a directory "sailfish_projects" on that disk. However if I create a new sailfishOs project in that directory, building it will fail with message "Project is outside of shared home /Users/winfried". If I create a project somewhere under /Users/winfried than all works fine.

My Mac has an SSD OS disk that is relatively small compared to the 2 TB data disk. I don't want to use that SSD disk for development. So it would be nice if it is possible to create projects outside of your home directory.

Platform used: OS X 10.8.3, VirtualBox 4.2.12

regards,
Winfried